Thursday, February 17, 2011

BANG

poor ari

me and toddy had this secret bank to ourselves
Woke up today with great anticipation of sum sick waves, but as usual, I clocked up more km's than tube time. The high tide wasn't producing much, so I thought I'd be a good dad/husband and get the chores done first and wait for the low tide.We had to go to the hospital to book in for our last ultra sound (i think), then do a few things in town, all the while I was itching to get out in the water. Finally I got out there and it was unreal! The water was like a bath and a few kegs went down. After the 4hr session I was on top of the world, but oh how fast those children can change that! Everything was sweet, Jess went for a swim, I was fixing my car, Isla was asleep and Ari was playing happily in my car. Then Ari opens up the door and bang, falls face first onto the concrete, busting her lip and grazing her elbow. I rush over to her, by this time she managed to rub the blood all over her face so I was freaking!! I carried her inside screaming, then right on cue, Isla starts screaming upstairs. F#*$!! So I had no choice but to bust out the cape and swing into gear, there was only one thing I could do...... reach for the apple blackcurrant icy pole. Yep super dad saves the day again. So after all the excitement I cracked a beer and let them run wild till Jess got home. Everything was again sweet, I started to clean up and Jess was taking the ferals upstairs for a shower then bang, Isla's temperature spiked and she started convulsing. This was so frightening! lucky Super mum was home and put her under the cold shower, I just freaked! After a long cool shower the nurofen finally kicked in, Isla's temp returned to normal and she began to terrorize the household like she always does. Bloody kids! So now as I type this post, both kids are asleep, I've got a full belly of nachos and my beautiful wife is keeping the lounge warm for me and everything for now, is sweet again.................. until the next bang. 

2 comments:

  1. Classic mate,reach for the black current icey pole...epic.......great blog guys...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chrz dude. you know what its like, never a dull moment with the kids.

    ReplyDelete