Tuesday, February 22, 2011

you never know if you never go

Ari's cool  robots
All indications were telling me not to go surfing this arvy. The wind was howling and the brigade (thats what jess calls me and the boys) said it was onshore, they even drove to Cresent Head looking for a wave. But, nevertheless, Toddy Tango and I went for a sus anyway. I wasn't sure what this certain spot was going to be like so I tried to pump it up a bit for Toddy. All the age old stereotypical calls were made e.g  I surfed it the other day......., f@#$ you should see this bank!, biggest kegs, Probably the best I"ve seen it, blah blah blah. As we pull up, we're not really talking about surf, but we see this amazing wave up the beach. It was crazy, the right was barreling off like Jbay, and the left was kegging too. After a quick "wtf you doing in Cresent?" Phone call to the boys, we ran back to the car and quickly got out there. If you happen to go to Tango juice bar, ask Toddy about his keg he got, it was the biggest, heaviest thing, I'd ever seen him pull into. He got spat out with his hands in the air and he sounded like a chipmunk. Big high five to Toddy, great tube ride!

Mango Sorbet
No surf pic today so I give you this howler from last April

       In the hours leading up to my surf I had a lot of fun at home hanging with my little princess Ari. Ari continues to amaze me every day, I reckon she is probably smarter than me as well. Her little brain is going 100 miles an hour, all the time wanting to know about things and how they work. Today she learnt that Kermit the Frog makes dad sleepy.     
         

No comments:

Post a Comment