Saturday, February 19, 2011

surfed and sorted

this was me last fri

this is me next sat
What a great day!! yeeeew! Sure the sun wasn't out all day and the swell was a little smaller than yesterday, but things just seemed to roll on and get better and better. Things were pretty normal this morning, a little bit of stress putting the finishing touches on the house for the 'would be buyers', apart from that, things were steady as she goes. We decided to head to nans for a cuppa. I wasn't too concerned with going for a surf coz I thought it would be crap. How wrong I was, me and lisa went to check it and it was sick, perfect little waves peeling not too far from shore. We both surfed for 2hrs, having a blast. I gave lisa a 5'9 single fin to ride (thanks Flano) and she absolutely loved it! After the surf I came home to watch good mate Jayke sharp in the WQS comp at Burleigh heads. Jayke carved his way to the semi finals!! which will be surfed at some stage on Sunday, the way he is surfing, I'm tipping he can go all the way to the top of the podium. Fingers crossed. Whilst that was happening Jess successfully packed her bags for Perth  and the kids had their arvy Nana nap so apart from our shithouse internet connection, life was bliss. As mentioned in the photo above, me and a few of the boys are heading to the Soundwave festival next weekend, so I spent the rest of the Arvy putting the finishing touches on our plans. Everything went great! We had to track down 3 more tickets and we scored them easy, so stoked! I reckon with the line up of bands playing at Soundwave, it is possibly going to be the best festival ever!. With bands like iron maiden, queens of the stone age, slayer, slash, pennywise, sevendust, stone sour and rob zombie just to name a few, who could argue? So next Saturday when your at home watching getaway, think of me and the boys going mad destroying our necks!! yiha.
Thanks to St Surf Images for the great pic!   www.stsurfimages.com

1 comment:

  1. Wont be home watching getaway,Got a feeling ol man River will be showing its head while you banging yours...yeeeeooowwww.....bloody hope so,im in need.

    ReplyDelete