Monday, March 14, 2011

1O Thumbs

I love this shot
After my run in with the noah yesty I was a bit reluctant to enter his domain this morning, but once again, with the waves on offer, I had no choice but to get out there. The wind came up pretty quick today so that was a bummer, but we still managed to score sum great barrels, again! It's been a long time since I've had 7 days straight out of the same sand bank!
Today I was joined by a couple of pro surfer mates, Shaun Cansdell and Heath Joske, also good mate and shaper Jason Flanagan finally came to get a taste of the brilliant sandbar. Although the wind was into it a bit by the time they got there, they were blown away with how good the sandbar is.
This last week of surfing is one I will remember for the rest of my life.
Hopefully not the last day I'll get to surf this
The 3 hour sesh this morning left my arms feeling like melted chewing gum!
But of course when the waves have been pumping all week, the yard ends up looking like a jungle so there was no rest, I grabbed mi cape, and jumped straight into lawn. Straight after the lawn I showered up and swapped the super husband cape for the super dad cape, it was time for Isla's 12 month vaccinations. Man those needles hurt! Even super dad was in need of a lollipop.
You would think after all this I would need a nana nap. Na, straight out to mow our surrogate nan and pop's lawn. What a mission [even though I had a ride on] Poppy norm can't mow for 6 weeks and is very particular about how it gets done so he perched himself out the back watching over my every move. Talk about pressure. Even though I had my i-pod on and was sitting down, this job was far from peaceful. In the end I got it done, but I must say that I did a shithouse job. Sorry Normy.
My dad taking Ari for a spin on the mower
It was steady as she goes after the mowing, back home, baths for the girls,dinner then bed.
I've tried to get this post done early so I can go to bed, but my typing skills are failing and so it looks like another late night for me.
Sometimes it really sucks having ten thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment