Friday, March 4, 2011

We b jammin'

First of all sorry about not putting the blog up last night, but as the title suggests, we be jammin. Once again Rock took preference over my ever improving skills as an everyday life reporter.
our 20 week old princess
Yesterday started out with a bang, we went for our 20 week scan to see how our new child is progressing. I'm glad to say that all limbs are intact and all digits are there. One of the main reasons we chose to get the scan done was to also see what type of human is in there. Once we had established that all vital signs were sweet I thought that the lady would get to the point and tell us what we are having but no, she pretty much counted every little hair on our little babys body. Man I was getting really peeved. On top of that I had to try and keep Ari and Isla quiet otherwise the nice lady said they would be ejected. Mate it's a wonder the ultrsound machine didn't break, I had so much steam coming from my ears! After about an hour Isla finally cracked it so I got up to take her outside when the nice lady says "oh, we are nearly done if you want to stay?", so I sat back down and she finished up and said nothing about the sex of our child. I was about to blow up! Finally she says "oh it looks like your having a little girl". I was very frustrated with her and because I'd thought I would be having a son, I was shattered, but once I'd calmed down I didn't care about the sex and both Jess and I are very excited about adding another princess to our family. Like I said to Jess, "if they are not gay then we will end up with 3 sons anyway".
My feelings of frustration soon disappeared when I drove down our driveway to see our good friend stevo standing there with a brand new Jordy Smith model, Js surfboard, that he had drawn a mad design on. And it was for me! Someone had left the board at the beach up the goldy so stevo picked it up, he put a heap of signs up saying "found surfboard" but after a few weeks no one had rang so he gave it to me. Yew!
stevo and his mad artwork
We burned rubber all the way down to one of our favourite breaks, walked over the hill to see 2-3ft perfect A-frame waves peeling of! It was one of those sessions you dream about, like a little aquatic playground, and we were little grommets again paddling around like mad for over 2 hours! yi-ha!
A-frames
After our nana nap we hit our little bank again for the arvo surf and again it was sick.
joy
There was only one place to go for dinner after such an eventful day, yep the fountain on the mountain, or "the yucky pub" as Ari likes to call it. Not because Ari thinks it's a yucky place, she absolutely loves it. It's just that Jess tried to brainwash her from an early age, but it has backfired and now it's very funny because along with poppy and I, the "yucky pub" is one of Ari's favourite places.
the deer hunter
Everyone had a great time at the yucky pub. When we got home Stevo and I pulled the guitars out and played for hours, hence the reason no blog was up last night.
Waking up to rain and a howling southerly this morning wasn't great but that didn't stop us from charging down to our bank and blasting a few slightly wind effected waves before Stevo ventured back up the highway to caba.
 I think the rest of the day will be spent eating some of Jess's bullshit scrolls and terrorizing both Jess and the kids.The swell's coming up tomorrow so there won't be another blog till sunday night, till then I be jammin'.               

No comments:

Post a Comment