Friday, March 25, 2011

From the better half... Jess

Sorry to all of the regulars who look forward to a little inside information into John's world, Hi Tom!, but the man is all worn out so I'm taking one for the team and keeping the Blog alive this Friday. Usually the quiet proof reader, it's time to take the reins...
So no stories of Surf or Steel tonight, or anything of great importance really so I won't be offended if you choose to tune out now.
Life on the 'homefront' was pretty run of the mill, Daddy Bear up early getting ready for work, being super quiet to let the rest of us sleep in, then Ari's little pitta patta marking the start of the day for me. Photographer for the Real Estate coming over today, to help them on their quest to sell our house meant that after dropping an incredibly gorgeous and independent Ari at "Little School" it was house-work time! This is always challenging when Isla is around, trying to 'help out', which is basically following me around pulling down anything I put away, trying to clean the inside of the toilets with her bare hands, picking the leaves off the plants and disposing of  them in her mouth and making the day more exciting by seeing how many different ways she can hurt herself . On the list for today was a busted lip, 2 big head knocks and a big bruise and scratch on her forehead, adding to an already bruised cheek, grazed knee, and cut shin. Sometimes I have no idea where this little boy child trapped in a girls body was sent from, luckily on the flip side she is the most adorable little creature, otherwise I would have sent her back long ago.
Cheese!
I got Isla out of the house before the Photographer got her to stop her mission of destruction, had tea and scones with our Nanna Alice, yes, very lady-like, and let Isla terrorise her household for a bit before visiting the Library and heading home for a rest.
Picking up Ari from School is always a highlight as both Isla and I miss her company and enjoy hearing her reports of the day. The girls then got a treat in picking Dad up from work, they have had to get used to not having John around so much now he is back 'on the steel' so they absolutely LOVE it when he gets home at the end of the day, and I love watching them shower their precious love and attention on him, must be the best thing to come home to.
After a full day at work in the sun John's labour was far from over, thanks to the open house tomorrow he had to charge up the ipod and shift to garden man mode. The girls and I went through our nightly routine to the soundtrack of the whipper snipper and lawn mower, Ari and Isla being put down to bed just as John was finishing his work for the day. Which explains why now, after a huge meal and a few beers not even the football has managed to keep John from falling asleep on the lounge. Being the kind and loving wife I am *cough* I'll let him sleep, knowing he has to go back to work tomorrow then tend to Nanna Alice's lawn has bought out a little compassion in me.

In between Jobs. He'll hate this! hahaha, never fall asleep and leave me incharge!
Here's hoping that he has a little more energy tomorrow night so I don't have to bore the blog with the mundane events of my day again!
Until next time viewers, take care of yourselves and each other, say hi to your mum for me, and take some time to enjoy the view, aaanyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment