Thursday, March 17, 2011

Like riding a bike.

The new Coffs Harbour coles site
After 5 months out of the construction arena, man did it whip my ass today! I stupidly thought I'd handle it easy, piece of cake, oh how I was wrong.
First up we had to carry 11mtr long, 16ml thick, steel bars, about 5O meters. Thats ok if there's only a few, but 2 tonnes worth, F@#$. Needless to say, it wasn't long before my shoulder and neck started hurting. It sure is much easier threading 4ft tubes!
A lot of steel
The rest of the day got easier, not as much lifting, but as I'm typing, my swollen, throbbing shoulder would beg to differ.
Lucky for me my boss is awesome and shouted a few beers after work. Even better, I came home to an absolutely spotless house, dinner cooked, and a beautiful wife that was willing to massage my aching muscles.
Ari went to little school today and Jess told me she came home with a terrible attitude! Hanging with the wrong crew I think.
Isla had a good day at home just being a terror, into everything, falling over, making a mess, but she is walking heaps, so we're stoked with that.
With me at work early, Jess had the pressure of the swellnet surf report today, which she handled with ease.  I was devo'd when I checked out the photo's of this morning's surf, because once again it was pumping. Only small, but heaps better than carrying steel through mud.
My little precious sand bank pumping for the 1Oth day straight.
If the rain holds off, it looks like I'll have a full week at work so that's great news for us.
The surf forecast isn't looking that good either so it will be a lot easier working knowing I'm not missing out on any waves.
But, if it is pumping, you know where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment