Monday, March 7, 2011

Little Rhino, Big Burrito

How time flies! Our beautiful little rough head Isla turned one today.
you shouldn't have mum
We were going to have a big party yesterday but it wouldn't stop raining so we had to postpone it for a few weeks. Instead we had a little family gathering at home with Nan and Pop, Aunty Cath, Aunty Lisa, Aunty Kate, Uncle troy, Ivy and Jimi' day.
she loved her cake
Jess cooked up an insane beef and bean mexican mix and after I ate 4 massive burritos, she was thinking that it may have been better making something a bit less spicy, and without beans!
  An added bonus to Isla's birthday was the quiksilver pro being on free to air so Isla and Ari pretty much had the run of the house today while I sat on my fat burrito and had birthday cake and coffee, whilst watching the worlds best surfers tear snapper apart. 
After Isla's afternoon nap we headed down to darkum creek for a swim. It was a bit chilly but that didn't stop us from having a ball. Isla just loves the water, she isn't scared of it so you have to constantly watch her. She just charges full pelt into the water till it's over her head, she's like a little rhino, so funny! Ari was practicing her paddling on the boogie board and I was pushing her along the edge of the water so she was skimming really fast.
raaaaah
Think I enjoyed this more than them
I think I'll be getting up for an early surf t'moz, then back to lazy lounge lizard mode for the rest of the day. I better go back to work soon coz I'm gettn pretty used to this holiday lifestyle, I reckon I've put a few pounds on these last few days.
My money's on Joel Parkinson to win the Quicky pro, he showed his intimate knowledge of the tricky snapper break today, and man he looks fit! Check it out on One hd.     

No comments:

Post a Comment