Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bing Bang Boom

Magic
Well it just goes to show how much I know,  my tip for the Quicky pro, Joel Parkinson, was bundled out before the quarters! He was lookin the goods with a minute to go in his round five clash with Jordy Smith, but for unknown reasons Parko let Jordy have a wave and of course Jordy got the score and beat him.
The level of surfing by both the men and women today was very inspiring to say the least.The chicks raised the bar in more ways than one! There will be a lot of blokes thinking long and hard about how they attack a wave after some of the performances the girls put in, myself included.
Breaky Barrels
Some of Toms handy work
I got up for the early and was rewarded with an awesome sunrise and chunky 4ft barrels. Only Toddy and I were out and we were lucky enough to have our good mate Tom from St Images taking a few shots from the beach. Toddy got the wave of the morning, a super clean, green tube, but also he got the wipeout of the week too. He went over the hangers on a bomb and got held under for 2 waves!! I've never witnessed anyone being held down for 2 waves, it was heavy, but so funny!! We went back out this arvy but the nasty nor easter put an end to our barrels.
The wind killed this pretty quick this arvy
Jess had an appointment with the obstetrician and all's good there.The other 2 ferals had fun enjoying each others company all day, I can't wait till the 3 kids are all playing together, I'm guna stir the pot! It's so easy and entertaining [sometimes] to stir the girls.
Looks like the waves will be pumpn 2moz so I'm guna be the first one out in the line up, then come home and watch the finals of the Quicky pro. I've got no idea who will win, all I can say is that there will be some fireworks!!
Tom and Sherrin from St Images have got a great article in this months Smorgasboarder mag. I scored a sick shot as part of it, stoked!! You can check it out online or even better, it's free from all good surfshops.   
Big thanks to stsurf Images for a few of the shots in todays blog! Yew!
www.smorgasboarder.com                     www.stsurfimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment