Sunday, March 27, 2011

Better Half... Part 2

I'm Ba-Ack! Yep, John has passed the blog duties to me again, I promise this will not become a habit!
The good news is that there may be a little Surf news in this one.
Being the week end edition we will start from yesterday morning, same as the rest of the mornings for John, up early making his lunch and quietly preparing for work. I had the SMALL challenge of getting the house in order for the "Open House" whilst taking care of both girls, stress levels  were up and I was already exhausted by the time I got everyone strapped in the Car and heading into Woopi for Coffee with Nan and Aunty Cath. Was feeling much better after a very weak coffee and a few deep breaths.
I happily left Isla with her Nan for a couple of hours so Ari and I could have some one on one time in Coffs, shopping for new shoes. Shopping is far from my idea of relaxing mother and daughter time but we actually had a really nice trip, got a few great bargains and I really enjoyed being able to give Ari my undivided attention for once. She is turning 4 next month which is hard for me to get my head around, so having these times with her is so important, time is passing way to quickly!
Ari waiting for her big girl lunch with Mum.
John finished work before lunch but didn't make it to the water, something about the wind destroying what ever waves there were, but I'm thinking maybe the silent yet persistent call from the “Yucky Pub” was far too strong. So John enjoyed the end of his working week at his favourite place while I swapped girls with Nan and bought the little Terror home with me whilst Ari stayed for a sleep over. While I was cooking dinner Isla realised that she hadn't significantly smashed her head yet for the day and somehow ran into one of the dining room chairs, adding yet another bruise to her precious little head. John has asked me in all seriousness if they sell head guards for babies, I think he may be onto something.
Apparently head injuries are pretty funny?!

Sunday, being the last Sunday of the month means Boardriders! I didn't think it would be a very good day for it, family wise because of the crazy Southerly but the girls and I got down there a bit before lunch and had a great afternoon. John did his thing and the judges obviously liked it as he won both Over 28's and Opens Division. YAY for John!!! We even won, 3 times over, in the raffle at the end of day. John's good friend, and Ari's favourite person, Manos decided to head down from the Goldcoast today, on his birthday. While I baked him the dodgyest chocolate cake ever, John, Manos, Shan and Mitch watched Manly ruin the Knights wining streak while Ari, Evie and Tully enjoyed each others company and kept Baby Isla entertained.
We managed to make Manos very uncomfortable, singing him happy birthday and setting him the challenge of blowing out some candles, something that took him a bit of time, hehe.
Poor Manos, didn't handle the attention too well.
So this finds us in the present, John just finished a very short jam session and is now settled down to watch his fav show – the Mentalist, and Manos is about to head out the door for a Birthday Booty call. Me, I'm hopefully signing off from my last blog entry and heading to bed with Tim Winton – well his words anyway.
Hope you've all had a great week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment