Sunday, March 20, 2011

Memories

Pretty much a one day weekend for us. I worked saturday morning then spent the rest of the day at home sooking about my runny nose while Jess prepared everything for Isla's birthday party today.
Sunday started with a bang. I went for a quick surf with my sister at our favourite little spot, and although the tide was a bit high, we got some great waves. A great start to the day!
surf pumping again
2 weeks ago we had planned a birthday bash for Isla at red rock but the weather didn't come to the party so we post-poned it till today. We woke today to grey skies and threatening rain, but mother nature was going to have to do more than that to dampen my spirits. I was 100% sure that the rain would hold of and it did.
The birthday girl
After changing the venue 3 times, only 2 hours before party time, Jess and I were a bit stressed to say the least. But like always, Jess had everything that organized, that we still arrived ahead of schedule.
We ended up going to Woopi lake for the party, which I was happy with. I spent a lot of my childhood down there at bbq's with the old's. I haven't been down to the lake for a while and when I got there all the smells of the sand and mud brought back great memories. It made me really happy to be there celebrating our 2nd daughters 1st birthday with our family and friends!
The boys discussing what really matters
All the kids had a great time playing in the park then swimming in the lake. The fellas had a great time drinking beer over the barbie, and needless to say the women had a great time gas bagging about whatever women gasbag about.
Loving it!!
Right on cue the rain came so we all packed up and went home, hopefully leaving the kids with some cool memories of the lake, like I have, of when I was a wee pecker.
The day was far from over. Manly were playing East's and after such an awesome day fueled by optimism I just knew that they would win. It was a very courageous performance by the sea eagles! Even though we were missing 4 of our best players, last years grand finalists, easts, were no match.
Guess who had a good birthday?
I couldn't think of a better way to close out the day.
Kids are in bed, and I've finished this post just in time to watch my favourite crime show on tv, The Mentalist.
As long as there is no "Red John" on the show, I will have a good sleep, ready for the week ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment