Thursday, March 3, 2011

Duck or Goose?

After this mornings effort I should change my blog title to "Behind the wheel". I woke up at 5am ready for a mammoth session, I woke the family and the neighbors with my little subaru rattling up the driveway. I pulled into the car park and here was 30 women in tights with boxing gloves. I felt like I'd stumbled across a secret womens stone cutters meeting. I sprinted up the walkway before any of them could see me, I didn't feel like getn the "chop" just yet.
The swell had dropped off overnight but there were still a few waves. It took me an hour to decide to drive somewhere else. I ended up doing about 60kms looking for surf but didn't go out anywhere. I arrived home with dry hair at 8am, Jess just shook her head. Its not the first time this has happened, but,like I say, you never know, if you don't waste $20 on fuel looking.
our big girl
Today was also Ari's 1st day back at pre school, so I was happy to be home and see her off. Jess, Isla and I all went to pick her up the sarvy and she was stoked! She had done some cool art works and learnt how to play duck duck goose, which she hassled me to play for the rest of the afternoon.
Isla took 7 steps today too so shes not far from causing more havoc than she already does.
ari's cool drawing from pre-school
I finally ended up going for a surf and although the waves weren't pumping, It was a sweet session. There were 4 of us just cruising, yarnin, having a blast. Tom from st surf images decided to go from behind the lens, to behind the curtain. He managed to score the only two kegs that came through, very sneaky tom! My good mate marsy was also out with his new board he got off  Jason Flanagan, from Flanagan shapes, and Jason was there with us, ripping as usual! A big shout out to Toms wife Sherrin for filming us while we were out there, I'm sure Tom analyzed both kegs very closely, a number of times. yew.
I was knackerd after that, I fell asleep on the lounge and woke up to Isla and her wet nappy crawling all over me, and yes it was a cloth one so I didn't smell real flash.

Jess cooked up a storm so I'm now fat as, eagerly awaiting our ultrasound scan in the morning to see if there will be a little man or little women coming into our lives late july. Either way, as long as everything goes sweet, I'll be happy. (and drunk)  

No comments:

Post a Comment