Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Glass Pipes but no ice.

Barred the early today thinking my run of incredible waves had come to an end. So we all rolled outa bed at 7:30am, which is a bit of a sleep in for us. Isla was up and down all night, she had a runny nose and probably the vaccinations making her unsettled. It wasn't until I finally got up to her that she slept  right through till morning, dads magic touch.[sorry bit of a typo, Jess reminded me that it wasn't till the panadol kicked in that Isla slept through till morning]
Jess went for a morning swim whilst I fed the ferals and got them ready for the beach. But before we could go beach'n,  Isla had a check up at the clinic. Everything's sweet, she's still got a big head and very tall for her age, but not a little fatty like we always call her, just cruising at middle ground with her weight.
Ari and I went to suss which beach would be the best while Jess and Isla were at the clinic. I drove up the headland to be greeted with an amazingly clean, very glassy looking ocean. I put the bommadore into overdrive and sped to my little spot that's been so kind to me for the last week. I ran over the track just in time to see the most perfect left hander barreling it's way down the bank for about 200mtrs. yeeeeeeeew! I was on again! We raced back to grab Jess and Isla, then straight back to the beach.
My favourite thing in the whole wide world. My girls at the beach watching me get shacked. yew
I only gave myself 40 mins out there so I could take Ari surfing as well, but in that short time I got so tubed, some of the funnest little kegs I've had.
Glass Time Tunnels
I'd had my fix, so I took Ari out on the lid to get her's. The bank was very shallow so I could take her out pretty far. She did really good! A 2ft set was about to break on our head so we had no choice but to go under, which she hates. I was expecting tears but she just soldiered on, stoked.
I spent the arvy lying on the lounge tormenting the girls while Jess cooked up Jamie Oliver"s spag bowl. [which has got nothing on mine sorry Jamie] I got sick of the tears so I decided to be nice and make a big slide in the lounge room for the boogie board. After a couple of slides each, the tears dried up and I was back to hero status once again.
My good mate Tom, from St surf Images, is currently holidaying up at Noosa for the surf festival so he's asked me to do the surf report on swellnet for him. Stoked! So get ready swellnet readers, for lies lies and more lies. Na kidding, but I will not be giving away my secret little sand bank's location.
So check out Stsurfimages.com for some cool pics of some of the worlds best surfers at Noosa. And go to swellnet.com tmoz for my first official surf report.Yew! 
www.stsurfimages.com
www.swellnet.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment